1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you may have too much time on your hands!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

On this weeks episode of "Deadliest Cutter" Kevin lane skipper of the 36" Toro battles 65 degree temps and a case of "Taco Bell Intestines" to stay on schedule!:usflag::usflag::usflag:

ericg likes this.
  3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Now that I am done pizzing on myself over Kevin's video. I am doing one of my regulars and a guy rollerblades by twice watching me. He flags me down on my way out wanting an estimate. Nice gated community, corner lot, 1/3 acre. Says he has "Joes Lawn Service" doing it now but they edge too deep, scalp around the sprinklers blah, blah, blah. I ask my standard " so, what are they charging to make you unhappy?" Guy says 45.00 a month!! Mind you this is a 3 man crew I've seen here with good equipment. The guy shows me an invoice. I about fell over. This was not a winter rate either. This is beyond lowballing. I do yards all around him for 100.00, most I have had for 3 years. Joe can have it, guy sounded like a PITA, maybe I should get him to sub my accounts.:usflag::usflag::usflag:

ericg likes this.
  4. sweetz

5. sweetz

Innnncredible....:dizzy:

6. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

ROFL! Deadliest cutter! ha ha

7. kevinlane

Sounds exactly like the estimate I did last week. The guy says the last company was charging him only $100 for 2 properties. (But the weren't showing up, I kinda chuckled, that's why they only charge $100, they weren't doing anything, lol.) I gave him a $200month quote. He said that was a little too much, (even though the neigbor pays $100 for his LCO). Then he had to think about it.....then I thought to myself, whatever, keep findin the cheap ones dude, those are the ones that don't show up.:laugh:

8. sweetz

I'm gonna look in the other business related forums, but I just wanted to ask you guys. What do you use for taxes? I've got an accountant & all he needs/wants are the raw end of year numbers. But what I need is something to keep track of my expenses/income so that I can see it/check on it/change it throughout the year. This is the end of my third full year in business & I've used something different every year. I'm just trying to get some ideas. I don't need something that will help me do my taxes, that's what I pay the accountant for.

9. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Quickbooks Pro.

10. kevinlane

Yeah quickbooks is the way to go, been using it since I started. There is other software out there, but it is too expensive, not worth it. I looked at one for example... the tag was $500. ridiculous. So I have stayed with the quickbooks, for a small business like ours, it fits our purposes.