Tanaka Extra Long Shaft Trimmers?

Merkava_4

LawnSite Bronze Member
Is 71 inches better than the typical 59 inches?

Their site says that if you're 6 feet tall or taller, this is the trimmer for you! :D

Turf Dawg

LawnSite Gold Member
I have heard that some do not like the weight, but they say it is nice not having to bend over. So I guess being 5'7" has its advantages. I think the price is pretty steep also.

Accu-cut Lawn Care

LawnSite Bronze Member
YES! It's the best trimmer ever made. I've field tested a few of them. They are excellent for tall and short alike, too. It puts the operator in a very comfortable postion; not to mention the fact that the extra length makes the unit way more productive. Buy one... get used to it for a day... and you will never be able to use another trimmer again.

I had tanaka equip one with the throttle handle moved four inches away(I'll have to take an exact measurement) from the engine. WOW! That made for a PERFECTLY balanced instrument of trimming might! Stradled on hillsides, this makes for VERY easy on handed up and down motions... ALL DAY!

MikeKle

LawnSite Platinum Member
I own one, its the TBC-260PFL. It does take some getting used to, because it is very long, but I like it. I do not think it is that much heavier than any other trimmer. I dont think they make this model anymore though? They were around $475. brand new. I have back problems and got it mainly so I wouldnt have to bend over alot, and they are great for this, but the one thing I do not like about it is the throttle response, it is different than other trimmers as it doesnt stop once you let off the trigger, it slows down instead and takes awhile to stop and it seems to take longer to get up to full speed also. Overall, it is a great trimmer if you have back issues or are a tall person, but I am 6ft even, and I really prefer my redmax more though.

Accu-cut Lawn Care

LawnSite Bronze Member
I think I had one of the first 260's. It was way underpoewred. The throttle issue you had must have been a setup issue. The 280 is a different machine. It has plenty of power to spin the bearings. The 25 cc 260 did not.

MikeKle

LawnSite Platinum Member
Mine is the 25cc engine and I think it has plenty of power. It is kinda nice not to have clippings all over you since the shaft is so long! I took the guard off mine btw. I am the type of person that gets used to using one trimmer and always go for the same one, and when i have to switch trimmers, it takes me a awhile to get used to the new one. The throttle response on my redmax is much quicker, but when my back is hurting more than normal, I will use the tanaka.

jiggz

LawnSite Senior Member
WOW!! i never even knew this.. i might seriously look at these in the next couple weeks.. I'm 6'0 and sometimes my back hurts from bending over with my Redmax when im trimming alot.. All last season i was asking myself.. why dont they make a longer shaft??

MOHUSTLER

LawnSite Bronze Member
Im 6'4 and I love it Im just not going to pay $500 for it!!

Top Forums