Tandem on Ebay

Mowingman

LawnSite Fanatic
Hard to make money on storm cleanup with that rig. The body is way too small. Storm cleanup payments are typically based on the cubic yard capacity of your truck. Need to stretch the frame and double or triple the height of the bed sides.

YellowDogSVC

LawnSite Gold Member
That bed is too small! Need at least 16' to be effective when loading brush material or parts of houses

OP
4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land

LawnSite Gold Member
I was thinking it would be great for planting trees and removing trees. I think you can put forks on there for stone/block pallets, maybe sod. You can take the bucket off and keep the boom behind the cab for regular dump truck stuff. Diggest problem might be getting enough weight forward in the bed.

metro36

LawnSite Silver Member
That's not too far from me. I have seen it on craigslist before. I think it used to belong to Verizon but I am not sure. I have not clue what they would have used it for but all of their trucks around here are GMC. Its a cool looking truck but I have no idea what anyone could use it for. The material you wanted to load would have to be really close to the truck and it doesn't have enough capacity to hold much of anything.

OP
4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land

LawnSite Gold Member
The diagram in the picture has it handling 4400 pounds all the way extended 20 ft out and 8000 up close. not too shabby...

metro36

LawnSite Silver Member
Now that I look at it closer, I can see a use for it with a regular crane boom on there or some forks but not really the clamshell. It would work good for hauling landscape materials. You could the dump to haul topsoil, sand, gravel ect. and use the crane to unload large plants and hardscape materials. It is a nice looking truck.