1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Tank Owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kdt64, Sep 5, 2007.

1. kdt64

kdt64 LawnSite Member
    from Mi

Hello All, I am thinking of ordering a new Cub M60 tank to replace my Husqvarna 26HP/54in garden tractor. From all the posts I have read it sounds like a excellent cutting machine. Now my yard is only 3 years old plus it's 2 1/2 acres and I am still in a battle with the weeds, clover and crabgrass, which my tractor has a hard time with. Can the Tank take it with out getting clumped up like my tractor does, I have had a ton of rocks in the yard and am getting rid of them as fast as I see them and they have been a nightmare on my blades. I keep changing the blades and sharping them but the tractor still clumps and misses grass. It has been in the shop 3 times in the year that I have owned it, they tell me that I am cutting the grass when it is wet and I am not. They also tell me it the weeds causing the clumping, because they are wetter to cut than grass. I guess my question is would I have the same trouble with a 29HP M60 Tank? Also can someone tell me of a good all around great weed killer that will do the job.

Ken

2. nix15

nix15 LawnSite Member

I think you'll be happy with the Tank. I have the 23 horse 54" and it's a good machine. My only gripe is about the leaf blower. It's certainly not of commercial quality. I wonder if anyone else has had a problem with the induction blower?

3. Ron Marston

Ron Marston LawnSite Member
    from Maine

im getting the cub cudet enforser 48 and i tryed it out in wet 5 in grass and it cut like butter you sould be set im going to use that for my buseness in march 08

4. kdt64

kdt64 LawnSite Member
    from Mi

I picked my Tank M60 a week ago and I have not time to use it and it is killing me. We have not had much rain so the grass has not grown at all, we got a little rain for the last two day so I have hope that it will be soon. My Uncle has a Tank with 23 HP on it, he loves it. I have wanted a Tank since I saw his. I was looking at the Enforcer at the dealer and it looks like a good machine. You guys have any pictures of your Tanks.

5. Ron Marston

Ron Marston LawnSite Member
    from Maine

yes rain helps lol grass grows 1 to 5 in a week hear (ME) WHEN REALLY HOT burns up if short cut at 3 in well at least i do