• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Tank Purchase

turfsolutions

LawnSite Senior Member
I just ordered a 100 gallon tank from tankdepot.com. The cost was around $160. I order it, give them my credit card #, then they say they will contact me with freight costs. The next day they email me. $99 for freight! Does this seem high or is it just me.

specialtylc

LawnSite Bronze Member
Yes you are getting it bad. I bought a 1400 gallon tank last fall and it cost 600 dollars. The thing about tanks is they have to be shipped by truck, They take up a lot of room so they are expensive to ship. Find one locally if you can and the cost will include shipping .

scottt

LawnSite Senior Member
That seems in line with what I have seen. A 50 gallon tank I was looking at was almost $100 for shipping. That's why I bought mine locally. I found a 65 gallon cheaper locally than what a 50 gallon with shipping would cost.

MOW ED

LawnSite Fanatic
Funny you should post about tanks. I just bought a 100 gallon PCO tank for $127.00 at our Fleet Farm. I am gonna use it as a fresh water nurse tank for my 35 gal Z sprayer. $99.00 for shipping is highway robbery.