Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st I want to let you know I don't work on my TANK other than checking the oil, greasing fittings, sharpening blades, etc..
I have a, '04 TANK M48. Does anyone know what drive system it has? The manual isn't real clear on it.
Now my question on the TANK vs. the Recon. I see that the TANK has a drive system that says Dual Hydro-Gear BDP-12 pumps and White wheel motors.
The Recon has a drive system that is Kanzaki DUP-10 pump and White wheel motors. Without getting too technical, what are the differences in these drive systems? Btw, do you know if the '04 TANK has the same as the new TANK? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The Tank has Dual Hydro-Gear BDP-12 pumps = 2 seperate 12cc pumps made by Hydro-Gear.

The Recon has Kanzaki DUP-10 pump = This is a tandem pump made by Kanzaki. It has 2 10cc pumps together in the same housing.

White is simply the manufacturer of the wheel motors. There are probably different spec'd motors on each machine.

Q

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
The Tank has Dual Hydro-Gear BDP-12 pumps = 2 seperate 12cc pumps made by Hydro-Gear.

The Recon has Kanzaki DUP-10 pump = This is a tandem pump made by Kanzaki. It has 2 10cc pumps together in the same housing.

White is simply the manufacturer of the wheel motors. There are probably different spec'd motors on each machine.

Q
Cub dealer told me it was a single pump but I'd tend to believe you know more than him. Assuming that is the same pump setup we had on our JD 757 it would be a great performer.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Cub dealer told me it was a single pump but I'd tend to believe you know more than him. Assuming that is the same pump setup we had on our JD 757 it would be a great performer.
Well, it is a single pump.... sort of. It's 1 bolt on piece, with 2 separate pumps inside the same housing. You're right, same setup on the Deere 757.

Q

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So are you referring to the Kanzaki pump on the Recon?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Well, it is a single pump.... sort of. It's 1 bolt on piece, with 2 separate pumps inside the same housing. You're right, same setup on the Deere 757.

Q
I had originally assumed this---dealer suggested that it was a different part but the truth comes out. It's bad practice for those guys to just keep talking when they're not sure---dodge dealer (mechanics) do it too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.