Tariffs increase 3way price 8.5% in September!

Status
Not open for further replies.

That Guy Gary

LawnSite Gold Member
Consumer electronics and other consumer goods have been delayed. Pesticides probably won't be delayed. this is another way the tariffs have targeted the US ag industry. Many other manufacturing industries have been hit hard but ag has taken the brunt of this ridiculous policy. This needs to end.
Crap. I didn't catch onto that last night, ugh.

Well, so much for a tax break. These tariffs effectively clawed that all back into the feds coffers, unless you happen to be rich. Great.

rippinryno

LawnSite Gold Member
This is not a ridiculous policy. Just because it might hit you a fraction with some of your purchasing doesn't mean we aren't attempting to get more from China, as we rightly deserve.

You do realize that China tariffs us, but they do not pay their share back.

Regarding the original post. Did you 3way go up 8.5%?

Regarding farmers, do you think it's the tariffs or the fact that corn and soybeans are so abundant,t he price is rock bottom and we may need to explore other crops vs subsidizing the entire farming industry as we have for the past 40 years.

just my 2 cents. People are quick to jump on these tariff hikes, even before anything costs more. Just scare tactics from your main stream medai.

That Guy Gary

LawnSite Gold Member
This is not a ridiculous policy. Just because it might hit you a fraction with some of your purchasing doesn't mean we aren't attempting to get more from China, as we rightly deserve.

You do realize that China tariffs us, but they do not pay their share back.

Regarding the original post. Did you 3way go up 8.5%?

Regarding farmers, do you think it's the tariffs or the fact that corn and soybeans are so abundant,t he price is rock bottom and we may need to explore other crops vs subsidizing the entire farming industry as we have for the past 40 years.

just my 2 cents. People are quick to jump on these tariff hikes, even before anything costs more. Just scare tactics from your main stream medai.
China isn't paying for these new tariffs, we are. How will this get anything back for us?

This isn't China's fault. I was still young but I remember when the super wealthy decided "Made in America" wasn't profitable enough and they began to envision the US becoming a "service economy" with cheap goods imported from developing nations.

We did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.