• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Tarp size?

gman44

LawnSite Member
Before I haul leaves on a tarp I grind them up with a 21" mower . This reduces the overall size of the pile to a fraction of its original size. Easy to handle , easy to load to the curb or truck. Blue tarps have been fine, 20' x 20' seem to work for me. This method works if you dont have a clear shot to the curb with your blower .

Jerry and Sons

LawnSite Member
The blue tarp is fine just avoid going over the driveway and any other hard concrete or black top area. Play around with thei size but get ready leaves especially wet ones weigh a ton. It is all trial and error.

ealbertson

LawnSite Senior Member
I use something like a 20x30 but I don't drag them by hand. Fold it up like a taco, tie a rope around one end and drag it with a z or hydro walk behind. If you are dumping in the woods where the z won't go chain a block and tackle to a tree in the woods use a long rope and pull it in the rest of the way like that.

hole in one lco

LawnSite Bronze Member
The bigger the better for me.
1 big yards 30-30 blow all beds out and a the patch ware the tarp gos. Lay tarp out pin the corners then start on the out side discharging towards the tarp.
My large tarp has a pipe in it that hooks to my mower
2 small yards i bungee a 55 gal bag to my cacher

3 medium yards 20-20 fill it and grab the tarp in both hand and rid it like a sulky

My mower dose all the work not me
I dont even carry a rack unless one of my guys pisses me off.

hole in one lco

LawnSite Bronze Member
lawncuttinfoo said:
how about those large green buckets lesco sells, or the large 200 gal soft lawn bags. Anyone have experience with both?
the buckets are not big enough . The bags rip but are good if you leave them in the truck and dump in them it keeps the bed clean you can use dental floss to sow the bags or cloth catchers