1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Tarp

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by JLong, Feb 5, 2007.

1. JLong

JLong LawnSite Member

anymore in my area the officials are starting to be particular on what they call "spillage" I normally tarp leaves or debris in my truck bed with a cheap wal-mart tarp. however it doesn't always work the best. I was wondering what others do to "secure" their loads don't want to get a $90.00 ticket Thank You.

2. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I Tarp mine in the trailer as well. However, I have the Heavy Duty tarps from Walmart (the grey ones) and I use two tarps, overlapping the one inthe front of the trailer over the one in the back by about 3-4 Feet. Strap them down good with the Black Rubber Bungee Straps, and I am good to go.

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Without a doubt, take a look at Landscaperpro.com and look for "mesh truck tarps", also known as the bulldog tarp. They are AWESOME as truck debris covers. They are not a traditional tarp, these are made out of strands that are in a weave. They let AIR thru the tarp and put an end to the tarp flapping in the wind. I tried several tarps before this one, including a high dollar type that truckers use and it was a PITA. Granted this tarp won't keep water off of stuff under it, but it solves the loose load problems and it's so easy to work with. I can take a couple pics of how mine is set up if you decide this is what you might need.

p.s. you wonder how long these last? Mine is at LEAST 5 years old, maybe 6, and it's still in very good condition!

4. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

The mesh tarps like Jason is referring to are without question the best way to go. We call them landscape tarps and use them for covering loads of debris , plant material being hauled to a jobsite , the guys also use them to catch clippings during shrub pruning. Very durable , won't flap and shred in the wind and , imo , looks more professional than those cheapo plastic things. We get ours at John Deere Landscapes.