1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

    Dismiss Notice

tax ?'s

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by martyarty216, Dec 20, 2005.

  1. martyarty216

    martyarty216 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 1

    I am hoping to start a lawn buisseness as a summer job to help, I repeat HELP, pay for college. It would just be me and possibly a friend in a little ford ranger with a small trailer. I have read i must check into registration for the trailer, but what kind of taxes in addition to sales tax must be paid?
    Income tax in particular???
  2. daveintoledo

    daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,587

    talk to an accountant, if penn requires sales tax you must do it, register name with state and counties, you need liability insurance, use the search feature

    as far as income tax, it all depends on what you are , sole propritorship, partnership(not recomendd) incorporated, llc,

    in any case you must pay taxes on income...
  3. 6'7 330

    6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,821

    The points Dave raises here, and check with your states unemployment or as they call it here in my state ,department of employment security ,about unemployment,If your friend is only going to be your worker,and not a partner.And It would be wise to check your local and state authorities for all business licenses applicable

Share This Page