1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

taxes who does them for you?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by contourbs, Sep 30, 2004.

1. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

this is my first year in business, only started 2 months ago. I recieved a paper to fill out for federal income taxes and dont even know where to start on filling it out. Should i just go get an accountant or do it myself.

2. Aproct

Aproct LawnSite Member

What type of set up do you have with your business? S-Corp, Sole Prop? What does the form/letter from the IRS say? Let me, I may be able to let you know if you need to go to an accountant? Since I am one.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

go talk to your accountant, they should be able to help you out. I used to be the same way, but after approx 1 1/2 years of my accountant walking me through steps and answering my questions I do all my taxes and payroll now, except for my annual.

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

contourbs,

Do yourself a favor and find a good accountant. Not only will he help you fill the form out, he will also give you some very helpful advice. Trust me, you will not regret it. :)

5. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

well i am incorperated, but i havent filled out my type s form yet. where do i get the type s form