1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Currinson, Jan 18, 2000.

  1. Currinson

    Currinson LawnSite Member
    from MA
    Messages: 109

    I am a sole proprietor, Where on the schedule c do you put the fuel expense for mowers and equipment?<p>----------<br>Currin<p>
  2. Lazer

    Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,446

  3. GroundKprs

    GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,969

    Ours is included in equip maintenance, you could list separately on line 27 (recap of Part 5 on back page).<br>Also should file Form 4136 with your fed taxes if you kept separate track of equipment fuel. You can get credit of $0.184/gal. In some states you can also get state fuel tax refunded: in IN use form GR-4136: a separate filing direct to Dept of Rev to get $0.15/gal refunded directly. In Indiana you need to send in original receipts, and receipt format is explicitly defined.<br>Takes a little research, and a little time to track, but gas costs me $.334 less than pump price for equipment.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>South Bend, IN

Share This Page