1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Taylor Recycling Center?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Pelican, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Pelican

Pelican LawnSite Member

Does anyone know of Taylor Recycling center? They're manufacturers of mulch, I saw their truck today but wasn't able to get a location or number from it. It has to be in the vicinity of N.Y. Thanks!

2. Les Blum

Les Blum LawnSite Member

Taylor Recyling is on Route 99 near Montgomery. Very nice people. Prices are good. He has black mulch (recycled organic material); red mulch (I believe this is dyed pallets); and a brown mulch (I believe it's organic material). I got some for one of my clients and we (Master Gardeners) use it at our demo garden at Cornell Cooperative Extension. Good Luck, Les.

3. Pelican

Pelican LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply! I've been using their products through a supplier but am interested in a truck load for next season. Do you happen to have a phone # ?

Are you in Millbrook?

4. agrostis palustris

agrostis palustris Banned

Have you tried Tremson? They are in Brewster and have a location off of Ludingtonville road on 84. $11 per yard for brown mulch, will deliver but at a minimum of 35 yards and you need to have access for a semi.

5. Les Blum

Les Blum LawnSite Member

Taylor's phone # (845) 457-4021, 350 Neelytown Rd. Montgomery. I found their price list dated 9/15/01. Dark mulch, $13 per yard, minimum charge $25. Red mulch $17 per yard $35 minimum charge. They don't deliver. There is another further south in Goshen. Adlers Topsoil Supply. 895 Pulaski Highway, Goshen. He's got more variety and delivers. He's more expensive. Phone 1-888-980-7645 or (845) 651-4177. I'm from Greenwood Lake. By the way, they both accept fill and yard waste for a fee.