Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TBC 280 trimmer that is really cold-natured. It has to idle at least 5 minutes before I can really start trimming. Is this common to these trimmers? I changed the plug and installed an E3.12 and it seemed to help a little bit, but it still has to idle a few minutes. Any ideas? Also, the clutch and the gearbox are both noisy. Please advise. THANXZZZ!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took my trimmer back to the dealer today. Was told that the cold-natured carb problem would go away after about 3 tanks of fuel? Also, the noises in the gearbox and clutch were normal. I'm happy!?!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have some noise in the clutch area, so I would think that is normal. Haven't heard anything from the gear box all my other trimmers do. Mine starts and idles after 1 pull on choke, and 1 pull with it off. No fast idle or nothing. After it starts it zips away, right away. Same 280 you have. My only complaint it burn a ton of fuel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.