Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:waving: Please help if you know the answer. I'm putting together my TBE-260PF stick edger, and I want to make sure that I am doing things right. I'm on the first step. I loosened the tube locking bolt ten turns and made sure the clamp bolt was loose. I pulled out on the tube locking bolt and inserted the drive shaft tube. I turned it clockwise and counter-clockwise, but it would not go in all the way to the arrow-marked line. When I took the black, cone-shaped bushing out of the end of the driveshaft tube it slid right into the clutch housing just fine. Am I supposed to take this piece out or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, Tony

·
Registered
68 Posts
The bushing stays in place. Install the tube, you may have to rotate the driveshaft by turning the blade back and forth until the shaft engages in the clutch housing. On my edger the markings on the tube didn't quite meet the markings on the motor unit, about 1/8" from meeting up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.