1. Countdown to live Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tea Olive Hedge

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bdoss123, May 3, 2008.

1. bdoss123

bdoss123 LawnSite Member

I want to do a privacy hedge around 2 sides of my front yard. I am limited by overhead power lines on one side (can't exceed 15-20 ft tall).

I live in NC - and have seen some great Tea Olive plantings around here and like the flowering and hardiness. Anything to lookout for with them?

Would I be better off alternating another type of bush to make it look more diverse?

Some maintenance is OK with me - as I don't plan on leaving this location for at least 3-5 years and will rent it out if I do move. The front yard privacy will be a great asset in this area.

- BD

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I like tea olives. They have a great fragrance in spring and early fall. I would not alternate single plants. You could break it up into plantings of 5 w/ another another plant choice like loropetalum, gardenia, variegated pittsporum, little gem magnolia, etc. They should all have similar growth heights as the tea olive.