1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Tecumseh 21" mower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Darb, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Darb

Darb LawnSite Member

Well, the saga continues... I got the mower up and running and I even mowed most of the back yard with it. Like I said... most of the back yard. After a while it just quit. I cranked it again and it ran for about 5 seconds then quit. This is the most I can get out of the mower now. Well, I replaced the mulching blade (which was wobbly) with a Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) blade. I used a torque wrench so I know it is tight and no wobble. Still does the same... about 5 seconds of use. Any recommendations? Well anything other than an Armor Piecing Bullet... which I have thought about.
    Darb

2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

you have a fuel problem. could be water in the fuel. - drain and add fresh to the tank. could be a fuel delivery problem - plugged line or screen. but most likely a carb problem - remove carb, disassemble, blow out,set float, put it back together and try. get a techumseh manual. good luck.

3. Darb

Darb LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help. I will be sure to do everything you recommended tomorrow.
    Thanks again,
    Darb

4. what khouse said