tennesse state license for just mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sjcales, Oct 27, 2011.

  1. sjcales

    sjcales LawnSite Member
    Messages: 2

    I have looked all over the tennessee web site for business license and can't find anything about a license for lawn care, i am not spraying any chemicals or anything involved with landscaping, just mowing, is there anyone who has gotten a license just for this in tennessee or do i even need one thru the state, i have found what license i need for my city and county but need help for state?
  2. knox gsl

    knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 6,253

    Go get your license through your county office and you are good for the whole state. That is how it was explained to me by the people that work there.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. TNGrassCutter

    TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,321

    A city and county business license would be the right place to start, no state license needed. They can be gotten at your city hall and county clerks office respectively. Mine were $15 a piece. Then to your insurance agent for GL and commercial vehicle insurance. Then to your bank to open a separate business account.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Share This Page