1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southside, Mar 11, 2000.

  1. southside

    southside LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 790

    This may sound dumb,but some of the terminology you guys use confuses me.<br>For example what on earth is a &quot;stick edger&quot;<br>Is that a line trimmer (aka whipper snipper)<br>or is it a blade edger? We may be a few hours<br>ahead in time zones but we are about 10 years<br>behind in most other areas of mowing. Eg.<br>Written contracts for mowing residential<br>properties is unheard of over here. ZRT<br>mowers are only just coming into favour here.<br>Walk behind mowers like Scags ect. are <br>extremely rare.
  2. cjcland

    cjcland LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 278

    its basicaly a &quot;line trimmer&quot; with a verticle blade at the bottom<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida
  3. southside

    southside LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 790

    AAAHHHH, now I see. We have those here,made<br>by Stihl. They any good? I have one job in mind,a subdivision with about 20km or 12.5<br>miles of edging.Mainly around footpaths,kerbs<br>concrete garden edges ect.

Share This Page