Tesla Cyber Trucks

TYTILIDIE

LawnSite Member
Long time no see everyone! So I have been watching the news an awful lot and it looks like we might actually be on the verge of losing gas powered vehicles. By 2035 the goal is to no longer sell gas powered vehicles. Some may think its a stretch but considering the group that is now in power and looks like may always be, I don't think it is radical thought to assume this is going to be carried out.

So where will that leave us?? I was looking into the Cyber truck and it doesn't seem terrible. It seems like it can handle a day of mowing. My question is, how will they plow?? We spend anywhere from 4 to 24 hours per storm moving a LOT of snow. I would really hate to have to go plug the thing in every 3 hours.

Just curious as to what other companies around the country are coming up with for alternatives. I own a company in CO that does $1m per year with 14 people in the summer and 8 in the winter, we have 9 trucks (2 mow crews, 1 landscape crew, 2 irrigation techs, 1 detail/spray crew, 1 Ops manager and my truck). We only do HOA and Commercial, no residential So for you guys who are my size or bigger, what will you do if we lose our trucks??

GrassManKzoo

LawnSite Fanatic

Brucey

LawnSite Silver Member
. The electric Silverado will offer customers a GM-estimated range of more than 400 miles on a full charge*.

What is the range when towing say 5-7k lbs?

Bitches_Brew

Banned
So I have been watching the news an awful lot and it looks like we might actually be on the verge of losing gas powered vehicles. By 2035 the goal is to no longer sell gas powered vehicles. Some may think its a stretch but considering the group that is now in power and looks like may always be, I don't think it is radical thought to assume this is going to be carried out.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Capt J-rod

LawnSite Senior Member
Like anything new, I think it will be forced into the 1/2 ton light trucks and let the commercial trucks go. Kinda like posted gas mileage... Not required on 3/4 ton and up. What will be interesting is how they will recover the highway tax that is not getting paid with the fuel bill. Really expensive plates? I plan to mothball my current tundra crewmax 5.7... I have never run it in salt and it is very low mileage. The 2022 are supposed to go to a supercharged 6 that doesn't excite me. Next truck will be a RAM cummins assuming they don't screw that up worse than they already have. Sad that we can't build a good truck or even a decent gas can in this country anymore.

Bitches_Brew

Banned
For electric vehicles theres talk of taxing based on vehicle miles travelled:

Those greedy assholes want to do that to everyone...

Capt J-rod

LawnSite Senior Member
Those greedy assholes want to do that to everyone...

Time for me to restore a square body chevy and forget to hook up a cable or two. I'm sure we will all have a black box soon that knows everything we do. CDL's are basically already there.

Top Forums