Testing Celsius

Bobjax

LawnSite Member
I want to test the middle use rate. The .085 oz per 1000 sq ft.
That's .51 teaspoon per 1000 sq ft if it were water. But this stuff is powder. Isn't the dry powder lighter so I would have to use more than a half teaspoon. I don't have anyway of measuring the weight of a half teaspoon on our scales since they don't go less than a gram. The cone doesn't help because the usage rate is so small.:confused:
Any comments about how I can get the rate correct?
Thanks

OP
B

Bobjax

LawnSite Member
Thanks for the reply. I get it now. Never got the darn little spoon. I just called Bayer and they said they heard of the "spoon" but said that it is provided by some distributors.
Anyway he said again (second call today) use a half teaspoon (.51 to be exact) per 1000 sq ft in 2 gallons. So I will stop being so anal about it and do what they say.

greendoctor

LawnSite Fanatic
How true. Celsius has not disappointed me. However, this product is always applied with coverage and accuracy of application in mind. No point in my covering 2000 sq ft a minute if it is not going to work. I also shun the do it all be it all silicone spreader sticker products as adjuvants. All of my sulfonylurea herbicide applications are done with 1/2% MSO concentrate.

Adding Monument, or Revolver to the mix really puts the hurt on crabgrass and dallisgrass. You might need a second application 30 days later, but not sooner.

jvanvliet

LawnSite Gold Member
I want to test the middle use rate. The .085 oz per 1000 sq ft.
That's .51 teaspoon per 1000 sq ft if it were water. But this stuff is powder. Isn't the dry powder lighter so I would have to use more than a half teaspoon. I don't have anyway of measuring the weight of a half teaspoon on our scales since they don't go less than a gram. The cone doesn't help because the usage rate is so small.:confused:
Any comments about how I can get the rate correct?
Thanks
Use a micro scale; the label rates are pound/oz/grams per acre; the one below measures as low 1/10 Gram.

Be careful not to over spray, it will burn the St. Augustine; heavily infested lawns @ medium rate has excellent efficacy, although it's slow. IMHO it's not really for cool weather applications.

A mix that has had good cool weather results on my personal properties is a mix of Blade & Quicksilver.

Blade is available as a generic now (MSM Turf Herbicide @ Helena Chemical) and if you get the Quicksilver Aqua (same formulation as the regular) you'll save a fortune.

For a back pack formula PM me.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-gram-digital-scale-97920.html

scale.jpg

Plantculture

LawnSite Member
How true. Celsius has not disappointed me. However, this product is always applied with coverage and accuracy of application in mind. No point in my covering 2000 sq ft a minute if it is not going to work. I also shun the do it all be it all silicone spreader sticker products as adjuvants. All of my sulfonylurea herbicide applications are done with 1/2% MSO concentrate.

Adding Monument, or Revolver to the mix really puts the hurt on crabgrass and dallisgrass. You might need a second application 30 days later, but not sooner.
Doc,
Are you making blanket apps to your zoysia and Bermuda with that combo or spot spraying?
Reason being, I've got 25K of celebration that I'm trying to find a broadspectrum combo that I can spot spray with a calibrated sprayer and get very little phytotoxicity.
Also how many Gal/k are you putting down with your backpack?