Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone from Texas on this thing?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
College Station. I am new to this thing and thought I would see if some locals used it as well. Where were you from here and how the heck did you end up there. Don't you know its cold up there?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hey usmc...........know how to gat a one armed aggie out of a tree??;)

I grew up in SA..Went in the Navy and ended up here after a 5 year stint in Scotland.

Cold??? I think not... Its summer ya know...

Luv the 4 seasons up here and the money that goes along with it..:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well where's SA? And I know about where Pearland is. OR used to. Did you get much Hurricane action down in Pearland? Is it still in tact? I bet you need head lights on your mowers to get caught up.

Well for everyone I am new to this forum thing but have been studying it every night for a month or so after mowing til dark and love the ideas, suggestions, etc. and wanted to try and actually talk to someone.

I do have a prob cutting this one particular yard though and the grass is St. Augustine. I am a rookie to the lawn business (third year part-time) but have 21 accounts and mainly St. Augustine and no probs til now.

After I am done I look back and there are sprigs sticking up every where from where the tires were and I do overlap. I am mowing this particular yard entirely with push mower (snapper hi vac) and yes the blades are sharp.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome USMC2033

Live in San Antonio, lived in Austin, have some accounts there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks A1. I bet you are busy after all the rain ya'll had. I have a very good friend that lives down that way. He lives in Helotes. Pretty country.

I am trying to figure out all of these icons, symbols, etc...

I would appreciate any tips.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Grass was growing TALL but some of the yards I was doing today were already dying out with the heat.

My customers in Austin don't water very often - like maybe when they wash their cars.

Next time you post, hover the arrow over each one and it'll say what it means. Is that what you were asking?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.