1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

TG at it again

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Mark Oomkes, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Fanatic

Actually TG management's response to customer's concerns about applications being made in the rain would be; "Rain? It's the best thing for it! The product needs to be watered in anyway."

I have seen TG's standard RAIN comments on their Service receipts.
    Here is a sampling:
    "Today's rain will provide beneficial moisture to the application and will activate today's treatment."

"Rain later will not reduce the effectiveness of today's application."

"Today's rain will activate the application."

2. Hineline

Hineline LawnSite Bronze Member

We all have to dance around showers when doing apps. Heavy or constant rain will shut me down because I want all the weeds to die after the app. I can get excellent weed control on warm days with a light drizzle or a shower an hour after the app on warm, humid days.

3. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Fanatic

I would have to agree; Light rain, moderate showers, would most likely benefit the lawn application.
    I was making reference to the screen-shot of a Radar showing heavy rain on Post #74.
    As TG on the other hand, would do applications in heavy downpours.
    To that end, I've witnessed TG out spraying in 20+ mph winds!

In order to hit their monthly bottom Line, TG almost never calls off a day's work because of bad weather.

HighChiefKC, GrassManKzoo and hort101 like this.
  4. GrassManKzoo

GrassManKzoo LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

Came across a TG meeting on YouTube this morning

5. GrassManKzoo

GrassManKzoo LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

Talked to a TG kid today, he said “it’s like slavery over here”. asked if we were hiring lmao

hort101 likes this.
  6. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Silver Member

Ya I have had TG guys ask me if I’m hiring lol. Ya that place must stink to work at. Ugh.

GrassManKzoo likes this.
  7. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Fanatic

It is...One of my guys is a former TG employee...service is out the window at TG. The almighty dollar is "King" everything else be damned. He was an employee for them for 5 years and its taken me 3 yrs to break him of jamming through it to git er done. I hired him in the fall and rode with him the first day to spray with hose/gun. I wanted to laugh but at the same time I wanted to cry. The only thing he learned from them in 5 yrs was how to jam out a $1500 day by 4:30. He didn't know he was supposed to overlap. I had to completely re-train him on spraying.

8. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Gold Member

When I read this my first thought was their job tracking software must be really efficient.

GrassManKzoo likes this.
  9. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Silver Member

TG is a sales company. Well love them or hate them they have been around a long time. I love them because I have so many of there former clients.

10. Charles

Charles Moderator, Friend, Angel

I had TG turn a Zoysia lawn to dust. Then the house sold. No more of treatments of any kind now for years now. Lawn looks better than ever. Just keeps the weeds smothered out. No shade lawn. No watering. Part of it does go dormant during dry spells. I keep it cut at 4.25" every 2 weeks. PIA during rainy periods. But they are too cheap to do it every week

hort101 likes this.