Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The remnants of Faye paid us a visit this morning. Boy did we need it! Forecast says we'll have a high probability of rain for most of the week. Let it rain is all I can say!

Sky Plant Property Flag Tree

Plant Water Tree Natural landscape Land lot

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man, your lawn looks green! I won't post a pic of the lawns in my area. I'm sure you know what color I'm talking about. Glad to see you got some rain. Alot of places need it.
lots of bermuda and crabgrass. Look at the one picture that shows the flag and the mailbox in the background. That entire area around the hedge out to the mailbox was DEAD four weeks ago. I mean DIRT. We've had some decent rain in the last month, but we were desperately needing this.

I feel sorry for you guys in FLA. Too much of a good thing lik this can be a nitemare. I have a feeling that the way they are forecasting this, that Tuesday and Wednesday will be complete wash outs. I'll take a day or two vacation if it keeps me in business a little longer :dancing:

·
Moderator, Friend, Angel
36,324 Posts
Congrats! We are suppose to get some rain from Fay tommorrow as it goes north of here(SC). Nothing but some drizzle yesterday so far. I see a good bit of it in Georgia right now. Grass is looking pretty pathetic right now. Doesn't take much to get back in business of cutting weeds:laugh::usflag:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I got 3 inches of rain last wed-fri, and I am beginning to hear alittle thunder here... I got 3 mowed today, the remaining that I didn't get crammed. I feel bad but it was tall!

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Yeah is starting to rain "money" here too.(Thanks Faye!!) by Thursday or Friday my phone will be ringing off the hook.

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rain really started here Monday around 2PM. From Monday at 2Pm to Tuesday at 8AM we received 4.5 inches. I tried to take another picture out my front door this morning but my flash did not want to cooperate so it didn't turn out that well. But you can see, compared to the earlier photo, that I do have a small stream running through my front yard.

Atmosphere Astronomical object Atmospheric phenomenon Window Midnight

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Our lawns here in maryland could go over a month and still not need cutting. Thats how burnt up they are. We are pretty much out ripping people off right now. As long as they dont complain then we keep cutting. I am praying that rain makes it here to maryland. We need a solid days worth of rain BAD.

·
Registered
17,863 Posts
Even this rain wont help my lawn or my customers...they are too far gone...they wont be green again until June next season!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
here in SC we just get enough rain to keep the grass growing and the suns stays out long enough for us to be able to cut grass. love it. hope stays that way.

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Our lawns here in maryland could go over a month and still not need cutting. Thats how burnt up they are. We are pretty much out ripping people off right now. As long as they dont complain then we keep cutting. I am praying that rain makes it here to maryland. We need a solid days worth of rain BAD.
from the track that it appears to be on, it should get to you all some time next week.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.