1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Thank you guys so much for the advice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Ecoscape01, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

I went against the advice of my close contractor buddy when buying my truck. He's a Chevy Guy and I was lookin at an F-150. I wasn't really sure what to look for in a 1/2 ton and you guys helped. I bought my truck this weekend for 1500 bucks and I couldn't have done any better. I had to drive two and a half hours to get it and with all things considered pretty much burnt up a whole day before I got home. I am so glad I did. It runs like a beast and I feel so much better about buying it after hearing some of the input from guys who have had my truck or know a lot about it and by driving it myself. ('89 F-150 extended cap 4x4 with towing package and 1-ton helper springs) Once again guys thanks so much.:)

2. pbdlandscaping

pbdlandscaping LawnSite Member

Personally I'm a Chevy guy, but you can never go wrong with a good ford, ford's are easy to fix and get parts for. There's always the brand wars but I have to say I would buy the ford you bought in a heartbeat. Throw a 7.5' Fisher on it and truck will pay off it's weight in gold....well maybe not gold but that green paper we're all after. Good Luck with your truck and I hope you have a very successful year.

3. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

YUP!!! I would buy either a Ford or a GM and you got a good truck.

Tim

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Congrats on your new truck:waving: FORD BUILT TOUGH:laugh:

5. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

nice find, what engine is in it?

6. LTDLawnCare

LTDLawnCare LawnSite Member

I am a chevy guy but can appreciate anything that gets the job done.

7. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I have both. I am partial to Fords though. Good deal. What engine does it have?

8. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

It's the 302 with the AOD HD transmission

9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Congrats on the truck! I hope the previous owner did great maintenance on it. I hope you have good luck with it. We had a bunch of ford trucks we bought new and they were all nightmares for us so we got rid of them and now run GM trucks exclusively with zero problems. I think we just got unlucky with our fords because others dont seem to have the problems we had.

10. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i had an 89' F150, it was my first truck. i wouldve kept it but i took it off-roading one day and cracked the frame on it. it was a beast of a truck though, 150,000+ miles, ran like brand new.