1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Thank you Tommy!

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by TXNSLighting, Aug 7, 2008.

1. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

And to the others who have given me great advice over the PM's. I want to say i took your advice (Tommy) and projected that confidence. What do you know, My last 3 consultations all sold!! and all 30+ fixtures! :cool2: ( which is a big deal to me) Thank you again Tommy. I completely stopped mentioning a "per light price" and sold it as a design. I Sold myself also, Telling them i am the best lighting designer around. "Your not going to get a better lighting system anywhere else" and so on.

But did i mention Thanks Tommy? You have truly inspired me, and it has helped so much.

2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Congratulations on the sales Ryan...

Enjoy the ride!!

3. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

What is this? The acadamy awards ceremony or something? :)

Good job Ryan! Send me a plane ticket and I will help you install them!

Keith

4. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

Good job! You did all the work and sold it. We just pointed you in the right direction:)

5. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

I definately will!! I just hope it doesnt stop!!

6. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

And i thank you so much for your wisdom! Im truly excited about everything now. 1 job made me so happy, now i got 3!!

7. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

You can bet your bottom dollar it will stop. Then it will start again, then it will stop again. The lighting business is a roller-coaster ride. Just remember to put some money back for the slow weeks. I've had months where I thought I was on a path to exceed Donald Trump's wealth; too busy to even keep up. Then it slows for a week or two (just long enough to make me paranoid) and then back to the hustle and hurry.

8. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Great Job Ryan and my beer is up to you Geek Man!

9. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

great job and thanks to all folks, james and others, who encourage others to get a way from per fixture pricing and sell as a system and be a lighting designer.

10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats Ryan!!!