1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

That sound you hear

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by bumper, Mar 13, 2007.

1. bumper

bumper LawnSite Member
    from So. Cal

Is me ramming my head into the wall,

I've prided myself on selecting customers who's energy shares space well with mine. I've not once had a troube customer until now. Buddy of mine who admittedly has paid his dues referred this customer to me. We met, he likes to fish, I do to, she got along well with my female co-designer, called in an FX rep to give his speel on fixtures blah blah.........

Time comes, fixtures arrive, nice sedona brown, two MU uplights, 4 CB path lights, she sees the 300 watt transformer and blows a gasket. Your typical 300 multi tap trannie, noooooooo she wants the black small one made by Malibu. Sure I say, but we cannot control the voltage at the fixture like I can with this. We are designing and istalling a professional low voltage lighting system that will be cost efficient, hands and headache free. A malibu transformer is not in our design I say. For a minute I thought she was gonna spontaneously combust. Any of you run into similiar problems with what seemed like a potentially good customer???

2. seolatlanta

seolatlanta LawnSite Member

I have stuff like this happen too, everybody does.

Last week I had a customer tell me he thought that my proposal included me having enough "room" to add 6 more fixtures for free. Then he and his wife told me that they thought there were enough fixtures - but they wanted more light in places and didnt want to move anything -they loved it. So I asked them where these fixtures were supposed to come from in a friendly "ha-ha" kind of way and the look on their face was priceless as they realized what they were asking me!

You never know !!