Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a long time customer one of my first who has a big back yard and until now, two english bull dogs. We've mananged to deal with the dog poop from these two. You can kinda dodge it.

Now one dog was put down and he replaced it with a lab. Now the poop is everywhere. I walked past the trailor yesterday and I could tell where they had just been.

I am temped to just cancel. Im also thinking about charging to have my guys (if they agree) to clean it up. If I had to choose between Jose' or the poop I'll keep Jose'.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Countermeasures are...Rubber boots. I also make it a point to rinse my boots off with their hose in front of the garage or front porch, thereby creating the greatest chance of it being tracked in their house:laugh:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Had a customer like this before. Never had a problem with to poo on my boots, but on the spreader tires. The way the truck was set up I had to lift the spreader chest high and then put it in the carrier. If it was full and heavy, when you lifted it the tire would smear it from my waist up to my chest. The best was when it was around a cool 97 - 100 degrees out.

Even if I washed my shirt out I could still smell it all day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am temped to just cancel. Im also thinking about charging to have my guys (if they agree) to clean it up. If I had to choose between Jose' or the poop I'll keep Jose'.
A while back i had worked for an LCO, and he used to tell us "pick it up with your hands. you cry, you go home. you ask for help, you go home". I broke the record of the longest he'd ever kept one of the white guys haha. if you can spare the time, blow it off the lawn first. of course add a few $$..

·
Registered
489 Posts
Just politely let them know that they will be a call-ahead customer from now on and ask if they could clean it up in advance before you get there. It is simple and easy. They shouldn't get bent out of shape over it and if they do... just tell them that you appreciated their business.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.