That's It?

Rusty Nuts

LawnSite Member
I ordered some touch up paint for my Scag. The stuff costs $9.62. I thought that was a little high for a spray can. I was wrong:

yimg-1113454056-1--627259851(1).jpg

southerntide

LawnSite Fanatic
wow talk a jipped lol

echo

LawnSite Bronze Member
That's really not a lot of money where paint is concerned. You may find an automotive paint supplier and save a few dollars. They can mix any color you want and put it in a spray paint can or brush bottle.
Posted via Mobile Device

twomancrew

LawnSite Senior Member
That's color match. It's a great value at $10 for that. Go buy a motorbike and price it for that. Call Honda and price it for a Goldwing.

Also you paid for shipping the hazardous paint, which is a rip in any case. Your dealer must have ordered a few and split the cost between them. If you know paint you will like having what you bought there. I don't know too much paint.

xstatikplus

LawnSite Senior Member
Umm really guys? Touch up paint for a mower? Colour matching? Yes quality paint is expensive. Would I buy the proper paint for any of my mowers? Hell no! I haven't even thought about touching up a mower but if I did I think it would be just to protect bare metal from rusting so any colour rustoleum will be just fine. Have a few half cans from other projects
Posted via Mobile Device

Greg78

LawnSite Silver Member
I have no problem paying for color matched paint for my equipment. I like to keep my stuff looking nice so I try and not scratch/scrape them on things to begin with but stuff happens from time to time. I'm pretty ocd about my equipment. When I pay 10k plus for a mower $10 for touch up paint isn't bad.

I had a Quick 32 that the deck was rubbing the trailer and I didn't catch it until it rubbed a good sized place to bare metal on the deck. I called BOP and they sent me out a spray can for free.

OP
R

Rusty Nuts

LawnSite Member
Yes, the color matches, but this is a piece of lawn equipment, not a "Cats Eye Gold" Lexus with a shopping cart ding. I expected something more than a bottle of gold mascara. I am going to get some mixed at my parts store. At nearly ten bucks for this, I can get Emron cheaper.

twomancrew

LawnSite Senior Member
Yes, the color matches, but this is a piece of lawn equipment, not a "Cats Eye Gold" Lexus with a shopping cart ding. I expected something more than a bottle of gold mascara. I am going to get some mixed at my parts store. At nearly ten bucks for this, I can get Emron cheaper.

...and it will match close enough for the $$ you saved?? What about come resale time? How much are you really saving? I'm friendly, not hostile as you cannot hear my tone when I say that;)

echo

LawnSite Bronze Member
...and it will match close enough for the $$ you saved?? What about come resale time? How much are you really saving? I'm friendly, not hostile as you cannot hear my tone when I say that;)
An auto finish store matches exact. When a car is wrecked and fixed that's where the paint comes from, not the factory.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
R

Rusty Nuts

LawnSite Member
twomancrew: I am being sarcastic. No harsh tone intended. You are right, it will match. I laughed when I opened the box and saw this. I ordered some other stuff that was missing on the mower and then the bottle of "toe nail polish" was at the bottom. I guess it will have to do for now.

Top Forums