The all new 2017 Scag V ride

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by exmarkdude, Oct 4, 2016.

1. exmarkdude

exmarkdude LawnSite Member

I was talking with my dealer the other day and he said Scag will be introducing the redesigned Scag V ride in the spring of 2017. Wrights patents have expired and the new Scags will have the platform closer to the middle of the machine and lower to the ground with a larger fuel tank.

River likes this.
  2. HeadScratcher

HeadScratcher LawnSite Senior Member

I remember reading on here not too long ago that Scag doesn't necessarily introduce products at the start of each season, but when they're ready to come to market. With that in mind, hopefully they'll bring them to the GIE Expo in a couple weeks.

3. Mr Stripe

Mr Stripe LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Seymour Missouri

Uggghh that's one of the main things I like about the current V-Rides is that the standing platform is farther back and more relaxed. I used my Brothers wright Stander one day last year and hated how crammed up inside that machine I felt. Saddens me they would be more like a wright.

4. exmarkdude

exmarkdude LawnSite Member

The new platform will no longer be retractable/fold up. I would bet they would have one at expo. Just as long as they don't change the ground speed and velocity deck.

sjessen likes this.
  5. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Look for them to do away with pumps and wheel motors and go to the hydrogear systems. Toro did last year on the Grandstand and my guess is Exmark will follow suit as early as this year. There will be lots to see at Expo.

Mr Stripe likes this.
  6. Mr Stripe

Is there only one location for the Expo? Or are there a few spread out over various states? Pardon my stupidity but honestly I'm 31 years old and never attended one. I'm guessing if springfield Mo. has one it would be held at the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds indoor complex. I wouldn't mind attending one if I didn't have to travel a great distance.

sjessen likes this.
  7. sjessen

Male, from Knoxville, Tn

The one I referenced is the GIE Expo in Louisville, Ky on October 20-21. There are other green industry expos throughout the country during the winter season. This one is the granddaddy. Try to go some time. You will be glad you did.

DumasWalker and Mr Stripe like this.
  8. Mr Stripe

I bet our Ozark fairgrounds complex hosts one, it's massive, gigantic indoor arena. I'll look into it. :)

sjessen likes this.
  9. sjessen

Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Try doing a search on green industry expos. See what pops up.

Mr Stripe likes this.
  10. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Just get in your truck and go, its not that far to Louisville.

Mr Stripe likes this.