Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta get on the band wagon with the Wb. I need to choose two a 48" or 52" and a 36", both walk behinds.. The only problem, I've never even ran a walkbehind before, I have a 42" and a 61" riders Husqvarna so all I do is ride. I'm selling the 42"(36hrs w/ mulch kit) at the end of the season and need two Wb to put on the same trailer. I would like your input on the best Wb for ease of use and BEST cut please touch on your reasoning,,,thanks all or should I just keep the 42"???

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can have two walkbehinds for the price of the 1 rider and I don't mind walking, its good for you. Yes I have, and they are outragiously over priced. WE are priced at I believe 5300$ for a 48" 17hp....Thats crazy to me, .....or are the priced right on?

Cause I know lesco has the 48" with like 16 or so Hp and its 3400? and its a hydro also,,,,

Also, is belt the way to go,,,cause I LOVE the hydro's more maybe able to go wrong, but its so smooth.........:cool:

I also think that ANYONE ho is working this machine is going to cause less damage with it, and beabel to cut more grass just for the simple fact that it is a walkbehind?? am I right?

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Get either 32 and 48 or 36 and 52 that way all your blades are all the same size. Many guys say get 36 over 32 as the extra four inches make a big difference but the 4" can keep you from getting through some gates. 52" is a nice size but i've got one gate a 48 would fit through but not the 52... what kind of properties do you have is the question?

BTW get eXmark's!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Sounds like your dealer is trying his best to make all his money on you. I just bought a 36" belt drive husky for 2200.00 with a 14hp kaw.

Less than the local Lesco dealer wanted for their 32".

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
rkbrown
I Forgot, They don't Make a TURF TRACER With A 48" Deck.
The Only option's On a TURF TRACER Is Kohler Or Kaw, 52" Or 60" Ultracut Deck's. This Is Not An HP.

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Here's the little brother of Johns machine. 48 inch Turf Tracer HP, ECS, electric start, 17HP kawi and Bullrider Sulky. The mulch kit is installed in the photo (mulching up a leaf pile).

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
John - Good morning to you too.

The sulky works very well on the HP, but now that I've got the Lazer HP, I rarely use the sulky.

The biggest problem with running the Bullrider in caster mode is that the weight of the operator influences the handling of the machine on uneven & hilly terrain which can make a lot of steering necessary to keep straight. You can always pull the pin and run it in trailer mode, but I like how the controls stay right in front of me (no twisting on turns) in caster mode.

I'm in the Old Saybrook area. I service Westbrook, Saybrook, Clinton, Essex, Deep River and Chester. I just put the mulch kit on the Lazer and probably should have waited...grass is still growing like crazy with all the rain from T-storms this week.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm glad this post has been getting good attention, but um,,, what do you guys think truely. I mean do I hang on to this thing, or what? I try and keep the lawns under 1/4 acre, as those are the places I turn the most profit. Do most of you use the combo of 52 36...or like a 48 32 WB's. Cause that is what I would like to do, then the grass has no where to hide...

I have also decided that after several years cutting on the riders, that they absolutely stink on hills, and if the grass gets wet...oh lord, its terrible on hills. Are the walkbehinds any differe,t as that is what I was told and ids the majority reason for the purchase

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
As majority of my accounts, 70% of them have steep hills as their backyards, so the question of Z as main mower doing it all is out. I use 36" eXmark Metro with trailing Jungle Jim, so far it has done me great and profitable cause no one will take these accounts as soon as they came to estimate and found how steep backyards! Most others structure 2 prices, doing front yard one price and another charge for backyards cause they have to use WB and get their butt off the Z and do crabwalking.
I understand what problem with catered bullrider on hills, well you have to sacrifice something for another anyway when doing those slopes, for me just the Metro will do fine.
regards,

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.