1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

The Burkeen b30b may be back in production

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mdirrigation, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Gold Member

I just went to the burkeen website , I heard a rumor that they were being made again. The website says they are available , I sent them an email and asked . I guess I will know tomorrow

2. cppendergrast

cppendergrast LawnSite Member

Hey now, I am still looking for a rear end for the old B30..... I bought a 96' on the net last year and it will prob. last me for the rest of my install days, (2000 +/-) but I still have the 86' with no a55 end. I use it around my property, especially on my railroad project. The motor is off a 65'. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'! I know the Maryland trip is far but if you do ever have someone coming to Nashville, let me know.

3. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

Know of someplace that can rebuild the trencher pump/motor? Burkeen quoted me $1700 for a new one, and $125 for a rebuild kit. The seal went bed on mine and it leaks now.

4. Mdirrigation

I still have the rears , just waiting for my old neighbor to come up for a visit so he can drive it back

5. Mdirrigation

you can either try the rebuild kit , or take the machine to ditch witch of maryland , or vermeer they will work on them . I may have a used one possibly .

6. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

I was going to get the rebuild kit, but not sure if I should attempt to do the rebuild myself or not.

If you have a used around let me know. I may be interested in just picking that up.

7. Mdirrigation

I checked , I only have 1 of those , I have to hang on to it . I had a cylinder on my backhoe leaking , tried myself bought the kit , fought with it for 4 hours , took it to john deere it was done .