The Ferris Mowers

M & L

LawnSite Senior Member
i loved my ferris walk behind...was balanced and easy to operate and fast.

Welcome to the site!

sealcutter

LawnSite Senior Member
So far one of the best wb. I ever owned, 48" DD. If you have properties with hills and banks these units are awesome. I did demo 3 top units and settled on the Ferris for what it did on hills. All of them are great but the Ferris shined for me.

PLS-Tx

LawnSite Silver Member
Why would a big wb be better than a ztr?

I'm just wondering, not trying to be a jerk. :)

sealcutter

LawnSite Senior Member
Why would a big wb be better than a ztr?

I'm just wondering, not trying to be a jerk. :)
Not sure what you mean, no one compared the unit to a Z. But wb have their place. For me it was about 4 years ago when I broke one hydro belt and that knocked the other one off. I was on a front yard hill pretty steep and I went for a ride down that hill hit my trailer gate and right into the street. Had no control and no chance to jump off happened so fast too. Next time you have your Z, on that hill were you ask your self is this safe? Think about a belt failure and were you might end up.

LawnMan19

LawnSite Gold Member
Not sure what you mean, no one compared the unit to a Z. But wb have their place. For me it was about 4 years ago when I broke one hydro belt and that knocked the other one off. I was on a front yard hill pretty steep and I went for a ride down that hill hit my trailer gate and right into the street. Had no control and no chance to jump off happened so fast too. Next time you have your Z, on that hill were you ask your self is this safe? Think about a belt failure and were you might end up.
I don't think he was trying to be a jerk and I think he just had a question,but yeah any time that I feel there is a chance it's to steep. The walk behind comes out always better safe than sorry.

PLS-Tx

LawnSite Silver Member
If you have a lot of hills or banks. It's typically an easier, safer way to cut them.
Thanks, that makes since. We don't have hills around here so I didn't know.

OP
T

TJC Lawn-Care

LawnSite Member
Also they have better cuts, easy to work on and compact. and it dosent tear up grass when you turn....these ferris's are for sale, if you are intrested, let me know.:)