The future of lawn care.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Cody Thelen, Mar 7, 2019.

1. danothemano

danothemano LawnSite Senior Member

Mods please block this thread, we all know I am the future of lawn care

2. MLGA

MLGA LawnSite Member

Just more oversaturation in the industry and thats basically it. We may find out who this elusive "guy" new customers talk about who cut their 1/4 acres for $10 but time will tell on that one.

3. Koehn's Lawn Service

Koehn's Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

I have other things to think about and worry about rather than some stupid robot like has been said what about the quality and blowing trimming edging that's what people are paying for I garruntee all my clients aren't going to weed eat edge or blow there properties

4. Erik R

Erik R LawnSite Member

Robots can only do so much. I can see robots available to mow lawns and maybe edge but that's about it. I don't see them being able to do artful or skilled landscaping like attractive pruning or diagnosing disease. Think of it like a vacuum in a pool. it cleans but it doesn't eliminate the need for a pool guy that can do repairs and can spot algae etc. hopefully robots will be available to assist us rather than hurt our business.

5. Capt J-rod

Capt J-rod LawnSite Member

With the help that is available I might consider buying a few robots. Employees are the hardest part of any business.

Erik R likes this.
  6. MLGA

MLGA LawnSite Member

Be your luck the robot becomes self aware and starts smoking cigarettes while mowing the yard.

landscaper22, Capt J-rod and Erik R like this.