Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just read most of this book. I think there is a conventional version, but this is a graphic novel to put the concepts in context.

It's about constraints (bottlenecks) to your operations and how they prevent you from making money. The story uses a factory as an example, but anyone operating a business should see how the concepts apply to their own situation.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great book - need to re-read it since its been sitting on my shelf for 10+ years
Were you able to apply anything from it?

I think our biggest bottleneck is not having more employees and not having a second work vehicle. The demand is there, but we can't keep up with it. We're about a month past our spring installations should have ended and haven't had time to plan for summer installations.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
My company started using the concepts from the book “Mastering the Rockefeller Habits” around 13 years ago and then switched to EOS (entrepreneur operating system) around 8 years ago - ”The Goal” was recommended reading from one of them.

if you want to scale your company, I highly recommend reading Traction by Gino Wickman - EOS is based on the concepts from that book. Once the owner of the company realizes that the bottlenecks are almost always at the top of the bottle - they are able to elevate and delegate to employees in order to grow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts