the hidden shopper

charlies

LawnSite Senior Member
last year we picked up this client, a doctor. he's a cardiac surgeon. we thought he was a good client, paid on time, fit nicely in one of our routes, not a complainer.

he called me up recently and asked me to work up an estimate for our complete package of services. I sent him out an itemized proposal that came to about $7500 on the year. not great, but not too shabby, we would make decent money on the contract.

anyway, he called today. he said his son would be coming every other week to mow the lawn, and could we just mow it on the weeks he doesn't he also said he would like us to put down the mulch w/out any bed prep. and is there some way to reduce the cost of weeding his beds every month.

i am working on the 'unfortunately, we will not be able to provide you with service under those terms' letter.

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
yea, and can you loan him a mower, so he can cut it on the off weeks?

OP
C

charlies

LawnSite Senior Member
Originally posted by ElephantNest
You want a cookie?

no just answer my question dangit, lol.

i don't know what happened, i think i had a question when i started, i can't remember now.:confused: maybe i was just looking for a little validation!

lawnman_scott

LawnSite Fanatic
he called and told you about the everyother week thing. Cant you call and tell him no? If he has a problem ask if he can gaurantee good results for a relative of yours that had a heart attack and was operated on in zimbabwi and needs a follow up operation. Then tell him its the same for lawn care. He will get the point, and you will get the satisfaction.

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
Sorry. This chef doesn't share the kitchen with ANYone.

spoolinaround

LawnSite Senior Member
Originally posted by ElephantNest
You want a cookie?

heres a pic for next time:D

want a cookie.jpg

Top Forums