1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

The History of the Hosta in Europe and more...

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Hostavalley, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Hostavalley

Hostavalley LawnSite Member

Hello hosta Fans,

I have been working on a new update on my Hostawebsite
    ( www.Hostavalley.com ) I have placed some new Hosta photos and wil do so in the near future. I have write a article about : The history of the Hosta in Europe...

I hope you Will visit my Hostavalley and give your opinion.

What do you think about my own Hostaintroduction Hosta 'Valley's Vanilla Sticks'??
    It's a dwarf Hosta.
    I hope to hear from you soon.

jeroen Linneman.

2. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Groetjes Jeroen. Werkt u met andere soorten planten?

Ik heb goede vrienden in Lisse en ik ben naar uw land enkele tijden geweest. Ik wens dat ik opnieuw zou kunnen bezoeken.

3. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Ya! Das ist gut!! (What little I've learned from one year of H.S. German!!!)

Anyways, whats with the sudden "Hosta Hype" on this board?? Its Host-sterical!!

Jason

4. Hostavalley

Thanks for your kind words about my website. next to Hostas I also growe hellebore. But Hostas breeding is my main goal. I hope you will return to my website. You can always mail me if you have a question about Hostas or gardening. I'm a horticulture teacher in Holland.

groeten Jeroen.

Nice dutch answer from you senior!!!

5. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Hellebores? I never would have guessed. Maybe with hellebores you try to get the perfect black flower... I used to cross pollenate amaryllis, but it takes years to get what you want.

Really Jason, "host-sterical"? Maybe that could be the name of a new hosta that Jeroen comes up with.

6. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Hmm thats a good idea Critical. Jeroen, give me credit if you do that! :)

Jason

7. Hostavalley

Hello Lawn friends,

Thanks for the kind e- mails of some of you that you send. Some of you also asked me the last time to let you know when there are new photos on the Hostavalley website ( www.hostavalley.com ).......

Well I have placed some new "Hostas of the week" ( like Sea Gulf Stream, Northern Exposure and more.....)and photos of brand new Hostas, like the newest lakeside..... Hosta and the latest Striptease sport ( Hanky Panky ) on my Hostavalley website.....

and ofcourse there is the latest Hostanews....!!!

Let me know what you think about these Hostas..

Do you have any Hosta questions......just mail them to me!!!!

have a nice day.

jeroen linneman