Lawn Care Forum banner

The joys hidden objects

8K views 36 replies 28 participants last post by  BrandonV 
#1 ·
Mowed Dr office yesterday (new client).
Grass was knee length, walked property looking for any object that shouldn't be mowed over, ended up hitting every huge stick, rock, and even a steel plate don't ask...
Dulled my blades a little glad I purchased a commercial mower vs residential junk, otherwise the outcome would of been far beyond blade sharpening more like new deck...

#33 ·
I know what ya mean, i walked a new yard last week, it wasnt really long but long enough to hide thigs, didnt find anything though, then about halfway through the yard i hear BANG ! found a nice Big Brick ! :cry: bent the hell out of the blade. luckily i carry extra blades in the truck. but what a MAJOR PITA having to change blades ! :hammerhead:

#34 ·
Ive hit like 3 of those water main shutoff things that stick up a little out of the ground. Bent one a little bit, chipped a piece off another, thank god they didnt break. But damn arent they a PITA. Ive never bent a blade though, how they hell do you bend a blade, jeez do your machine not have shear pins or something. My walker will break the shear pins if i hit a rock and thats a PITA too but again its my fault for hitting a rock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.