The latest verizon droid update

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Oct 17, 2011.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

we have several of the iPhones but I'm thinking I'll be phasing in iPads instead, I sometimes think it'd be better NOT to have email/text/ the internet in my/our front pocket. Just get a basic phone (while you still can) and leave the iPad in the truck, that way I can check it when more convenient. my main guy is doing this now and I think it working good. Being connected in important now, you customers email you, we do out timesheets electronically, and the "less" knowledgable crew members text/email photos and ask for help from us big guns.

2. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I can see what you are doing working good. Having the iPhone in your pocket makes it easy to kill some time.. But that is what i do 7hrs a day..hehehehe I just got the iPhone 4gs
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

But to create groups just go to your contacts and hit the groups icon, which looks like two heads. Then just hit the green "+" button.

Gregg I've done that and all it wants to do is create a new group. I want to add to an existing group from the main contact list.

4. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

our newest lead... ALWAYS ON HIS PHONE ... it irriates the hell out of me...

If he's not texting his wife he's looking up ebay... netflix something stupid online..

I don't mind the occasional phone call /text / fiddling around... But when I have to WAIT ON YOU TO ACKNOWLEDGE ME!!.......

Phones are still good and needed...

years ago I worked as a stocker at a warehouse. I was there for 10 months. 4 months into it ,within 1.5 months my boss caught me texting twice while working.. He held that against me and promoted everyone else around me cept me.. The only job I have ever walked out on and the only job I've wasn't in a leadership position. Ef Corporate! Phones are needed

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  5. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

See, I don't miss that feature because I never knew I had it.

If I'm emailing customers I'm doing it from the computer, not the phone. There are usually MS Word or PDF attachments involved.

So, I do have all my contacts grouped on the computer. Not as relevant to me on the phone.