Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
That's the problem, you'd have a hard time endorsing that sort of thing. You'd almost have to go and talk to every respective dealer and ask them for a demo machine for a day. Obviously you'd have to pay for it, but you could really cut past the BS real quick with a test like that.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
About 3 or so years ago Bobcat was having a company sponsored event at the local Deere/Bobcat dealer. I am good friends with these guys and offered to bring my 95XT to run against their introductory S300 (If I remember correctly). They (Bobcat Company) declined the offer. I give credit to the dealer for taking it that far. Manufacturers typically wont go head to head in a shootout if they can help it. Too many variables (operators is a big one) and if their machines do poor the cost is big (in lost sales and a dimminished reputation in the area). I think the OEMs are much happier to let the customer perform their own comparisons. This way they win or lose one customer at a time, rather than potentially lose many customers at a OEM sponsored shootout. I have wondered why someone like "Compact Equipment" doesn't do a shootout. I don't know but I imagine that advertising revenue has a lot to do with it. Bobcat spends a lot of money with that magazine. Piss Bobcat off, and "Compact Equipment" becomes the real loser.

Interesting perspective... too bad, though. I think it'd be fun to compare like an 1845C to a 763, just for a jolly good time.

(Though I might be upset if the Bobcat lost, because the S150 is pretty close to the 763...)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.