1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

The new Ferris Fw15

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by RPM 29OH, Mar 24, 2019.

1. RPM 29OH

RPM 29OH LawnSite Member

20190323_130402.jpg Hi everyone, I demoed the new Ferris Fw15 hydro walk mower at a dealer open house yesterday in the Dayton Ohio area. I have to say it has some nice features and compare it to a commercial 30 by toro or exmark its looking like a way better machine. It has a true forward and reverse the set up is similar to that of the old hydrogears they made. 10 hp Honda engine seems smooth and quiet. It may be worth looking into someday further.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Gold Member

Does it roll away or stay put when parked on a downhill slope both when running and engine off?

Cam15, Doc8406 and hort101 like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    RPM 29OH

RPM 29OH LawnSite Member

You have to actually disengage the hydro to roll it by hand.

4. LantzScapes

LantzScapes LawnSite Member

Anything else you can share with us from your demo?

5. OP
    OP
    RPM 29OH

RPM 29OH LawnSite Member

I wanted to add it has a one point height adjustment which wasn't too bad to use. Also a version with caster wheels is coming soon, they can lock straight or swivel. It is equipped with a fabricated 32 inch deck with timed blades. Side discharge and mulch kit are the main options. A cloth grass catcher is coming for it too.

Cam15 and hort101 like this.
  6. LantzScapes

LantzScapes LawnSite Member

Have you not seen the 38 page thread on this mower? The features have been discussed extensively. How good/bad does the mower operate? Did you get any more pictures/video?

Cam15 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    RPM 29OH

RPM 29OH LawnSite Member

Yeah I have seen the 38 page thread on that mower, and I'll be honest when they get that long its about 50/50 on accurate information and a challenge to stay on topic. Its no offense to anyone on here thats just human nature.

TrainingWheels, Cam15 and hort101 like this.
  8. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah, the other thread is nothing but a peeing match.

Hoping to learn about THIS mower, not which mower some random people think is better than this one.

9. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

Nobody has any time on the mower, no mulch kit or bag reports .....have some cheese with that......at this point the turfmaster is better.

Cam15 and RPM 29OH like this.
  10. OP
    OP
    RPM 29OH

RPM 29OH LawnSite Member

I agree with you 100% according to the Ferris rep since the dealer I work with does such a large volume of sales it was about the only way they were able to have the one they have. Couldn't mow with it since there isnt anything to mow. By late spring mid summer I'm sure we'll know more about it.