1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

the new guy in the biz

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by casey humphrey, Mar 21, 2008.

1. casey humphrey

casey humphrey LawnSite Member

hello peeps first off i would like to say that this is a great web site!!!
    i started off as a hard working kid on a lawn care crew for about a year and than moved on in life and now i would like to get back into the swing of things 4 years later i currently mow a Walgreen's this property takes me about an hour to mow with 2 mowers and to top it off i used my friends old beat up 60 deck toro this year i bought some of my own equipment a scag 52 hydro turn with a 17 kawy and i still have the 22 lawnboy so to speak i am a very small outfit but i love the biz and the money is good for a part timer my question is this what is a good way to bid a property these days i thought 30-35 an hour per machine was a good starter and i think i am undershooting my self i have read from this web site the going rate is about 50 to 60 an hour if there is any advise for me please drop me a note thanks and happy mowing

2. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

As far as what to charge per hr, depends on economy and the going rate in your area.