• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

The New Power Portal and MSTs

fixer67

LawnSite Silver Member
The new Power Portal from Briggs is for dealers only. They have dropped ALL MST accounts. If you have been logging into Power Portal using you MST number or some other ID number you can not longer do that. The Power Portal can now only be accessed by using a dealer number. If you are a stand alone MST like some that work for some ACE stores and such you are now locked out of the Power Portal. And when you do log in using a dealer ID yo will find that a lot if not most of the things you could do before is gone. I found about about this the hard way. I have been logging in to the Power Portal for 4 years using my MST number and had all the brands and IPLs and tech sheets. No more. I used to be able to get more on my account than my boss could on his dealer account. I had Briggs Power Products, Snapper, Murray, and the lot but now I have nothing. I called and was told that it was decided that all accounts was to be liked to dealers only for some reason he did not know why. So to day there more than a few upset MSTs I bet. I am thinking of letting my MST go dead. With out the Power Portal I am now having to use 3rd party web sites like Parts Treeto look up stuff. I am not even going to ask about logging in using my bosses account. Just to let you know the new Power Portal is up and running.

ricky86

LawnSite Silver Member
I wouldn't doubt that in the near future, they will charge the dealer for it's use. Like they do for the Power Channel That's the new Briggs. Love them or leave them. Don't worry. You can get their parts (and part numbers) anywhere, from any parts ***** on the web. Just charge accordingly.

ricky86

LawnSite Silver Member
I'm at a dealership. We are waiting for them to get in bed with the home stores as Registered Service Dealers (RSD)
They have made it so only a fool would trust them.

OP
F

fixer67

LawnSite Silver Member
Well I am not longer an MST for Briggs. I let my account run out. I seen no use for it amy more. I now have to use other web sites to look up Briggs parts. That was all I use it for. That and tech info. I think my boss is up set with me for it but there are teo other MSTs in the shop so I will not be missed.