1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

The New Shin. trimmer (2500)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J. Davis, Jun 26, 2002.

1. J. Davis

J. Davis LawnSite Member

In the mail today, I received this mailer from Shin. with a new trimmer on the front. It stated that this new item was a 2/4 stroke trimmer. It was called the T2500 or something like that....States that it has great power? Need information on this new product...:D

2. It got my interest too. Was looking to buy the honda 4 stroke, but I'll need to see this one 1st.

3. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

4. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

Most still run on mix gas but with a 4 rev per cycle. the honda is the only one i know that runs on pump gas. Hope that helped.

5. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

I just read and see that you may not understand how it works.....It is a four stroke trimmer that uses the same mixed fuel that any two stroke trimmer does. It has all of the advantages of a two stroke engine (light, powerful, snappy throttle response, simple design, no oil to change or dipstick to check, etc.) while having much cleaner emissions (w/ out a catalyst muffler, I may add), better fuel economy, and quieter. Seems like it may last longer too, but that's just pure speculation. The average price for it seems to be $350. Make sure you read that link I provided earlier....you will have to earn at least one thing from doing so!