1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

"The other guy's truck was way too fancy"

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Feb 24, 2017.

1. On a call

On a call LawnSite Silver Member

I have had more than a few offers on this truck. I paid $ 3500.00 for it 3 years ago with 65,000 on it. It was clean, still is. Came across another two years ago more rust, more miles, but it was the same truck again listed for $ 3500.00 Should have bought that one.

We like this truck...engine purrs like a kitten and never fails. Not much power...but that is only because it is still stock.

Keeping my eyes open for another.

hort101 and RussellB like this.
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Our Mad Max not tooo fancy is itThumbs Up

KIMG3873.jpg

RussellB, hort101 and DVS Hardscaper like this.
  3. Tonset

Tonset LawnSite Member

That's what I'm talking about! Pull into the landscape materials place and the loader will go to you first because you're not going to whine about a piece of mulch landing on your hood. You need to replace that bumper with a used 2x4, leave the nails in it. Lol

ed2hess likes this.
  4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

LOL, yep, you're right!

In Bethesda Maryland, we have a supplier that is as busy as all get-out, long established, and crammed onto a small, weird-shaped property. Its muddy, dusty, and a cluster (Beep). Every time I go there I think to myself, "thank god I don't have a new truck"

5. stringfellohawk

stringfellohawk LawnSite Senior Member