• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

The other two phases of the 20,000 gallon pond HGTV project

Pittsburgh Stone83

LawnSite Member
Beyond the water feature I displayed last week on the forum, this was the additional phases of work we did at this residence. The pictures show the lot before the house was built, than after the house was built (when we started having soil brought in), and the finished project.
We landscaped the two separate back bank areas, (we had an excavator bring in approx. 1,000 ton of soil and tracked in to the hillside) installed 70 sienna stone steps leading from the ponds to the house area, approx 1,000 sq. ft of retaining wall, 700 sq ft in paver walkways and patio surface, 15 versa lok steps, landscaping along the steps and front of house, along with about an acre of lawn installation and sprinkler system.

house view before house was built.jpg copy.jpg

house view during construction.jpg copy.jpg

DSCF0026 copy.jpg

2002_0101Image0006 copy.jpg

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
as always, very good. man, that is serious money there, i mean, what does this person do for a living??

OP
P

Pittsburgh Stone83

LawnSite Member
as always, very good. man, that is serious money there, i mean, what does this person do for a living??
Lol,what an inspiring story. He was a high school principal and she was a school teacher. She got involved with Party Lite (candle parties)about 20 yrs ago. To make a long story short she did very well with the company. Despite their good fortune they never forgot their roots and maintain the property themselves (they're both in their mid 60's).The only thing we do is Spring pond startup and winter shut down, and they have some Mexicans do some of the plant maintenance. They do all the grass cutting, weeding, pond maintenance, etc. It's very common to see them outside on hot Sunday pulling weeds and algae.
We met when the project started and they have become very good friends of mine ever since the project completion. Their project was a corner stone for me on several levels, and their story, morals and values are truly inspirational.

riverwalklandscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
Amazing landscaping! You've even managed to make that ugly house look really nice. I love the ornamental conifers