Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hmmm....looks like this fixture from SPJ:

Looks nothing like the big bang to me other than the shape. I'm all for the more affordable pricing of copper fixtures, but why can't you just make the same fixtures in copper for less money? Why does the copper line have to suffer from a design standpoint?

-Chad

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Actually it is much better than the SPJ and much cleaner looking if you look at the details. Our knuckle comes out of the bottom center of the light, we have a seemless shroud so you dont have some awful looking set screw on the outside that will seize up over time or possibly strip out. Our shroud is deeper which allows for better glare control. Our knuckle is smooth polished brass for a nicer look and utilizes a solid brass thumb nut instead of a phillips head screw. You dont want to use brass phillips head screws because over time that phillips head has the potential to strip out. Our fixture also comes with our standard pre stripped 25ft of wire.

The whole concept for us when developing this light was for it to be clean and smooth in design and I think we accomplished this. Although it may resemble SPJ's the differences are in the craftsmanship and the details. Fact is you can take anyones light, stick it in the ground and stand back 15ft and they all look the same anyway. Its in the details and materials that set them apart.

When developing a stamped copper fixture you are limited in design options. We could not make it just like the CASTED BRASS Big Bang because you cant cast and mold copper. Therefore you have to do what you can to make it work. If we could take our exact brass designs and make them in copper we would but it is impossible. Titleing this thread the Copper Big Bang was because I knew people would know what I was talking about because for years customers have been asking for exactly that, a copper styled Big Bang / Par36 fixture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.