1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

The Payment Must Be Killing Him

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MMLawn, Apr 6, 2006.

1. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I saw a mowjoe out today when I was on the way home. He was pulling a 5x8 mostly wooden homemade trailer with of course his Murray 42" lawn tractor and Murray 21" and curved shaft weedeater. He had a hand painted LCO "sign" on the trailer and was even driving with is Peltors still on his head....................BUT.................................................................

he was pulling this contraption with a Lincoln Navigator.......must be having a hard time making the payment from just his "day job" I guess :dizzy: .........................a Lincoln.....that's one high classed mowjoe :laugh:

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Now that's funny. it takes all kinds dosen't it!!!:dizzy:

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

All he needed was some "spinners" and that would have been one "Pimped out" mowjoe mobile...... :laugh:

4. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

This past winter a guy was cruising around with a Blizzard plow on his Cadillac Esclade.:laugh:

5. old dog 80

old dog 80 LawnSite Member

A couple weeks back I saw an older Caddy Eldorado on a four wheel drive
    chassis.Maybe I should buy that to pull my mower trailer?

6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Last year I saw a guy pulling a Home Cheapo JD rider with his Lexus SUV. Haven't seen him this year, yet.

7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

In some of the mobile home parks that the company I work for services, there are some residents that own BMW's, Lexus', Mercedes', etc. I always joke with the guys that it must have been a toss up for them, get the car or the house, and they opted for the $60,000 car and ended up in a trailer park, excuse me, mobile home park...whatever you call them, you're toast in a tornado! Sorry, I'm rambling now...

8. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Pictures Mike, pictures!!

You need to start carrying your camera around :clapping:

9. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

we all need to keep a camera for such special events..

10. Elite Lawn Care

Elite Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I see allot of that here in my area. I am starting to get customers that are calling me because they don't like the "swirlies" that their lawns get from the service. I would rather show up with top end equipment and a cheap truck (of which I actually do -classic retro 78 chevy) than a high end truck and cheap equipment. people who do do not realize that they give professionals a bad name as in over charging and under servicing.