1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

the perfect dump truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by gammon landscaping, Feb 15, 2006.

1. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i think that i have found the perfect dump for me and my skid

1999 International 4800, 4x4, single axle dump, 530E IH engine, 7-speed
    Spicer trans., with new 101/2 ft. dump bed, with electric tarp,
    ONLY 11,000 ACTUAL MILES, vin 655179

has any one ever had an experance with a 4x4 big truck?

it is at an auction next month

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Do you have a link for some pictures I'am interested I may out bid you :laugh:

Serious its what I'am looking for :laugh:

Just kidding :waving:

The truck sounds really famillar it really sounds like a twin to Duane's truck he is a member on Oil Burners. He really likes his truck but the reason why he has a 4x4 is he is in really soft construction sites.

One thing to keep in mind with a 4x4 medium duty is it is harder to load as it sits pretty tall. They usually don't have good road speed as they are geared low. They handle a little rough as you have a big driving axle on the front that adds alot of unsprung weight.

I bet you will be paying atleast 35,000 for that truck you maybe even looking at more maybe 40,000.

3. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a nice truck but you'll be paying around 25,000 for the starting bid I think. Hope you get it.

4. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member