1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

The Riviera Bermuda Photo Results are In!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Venturewest, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

I just wanted to follow up with some photos of a completed Riviera Bermuda grass hydroseeding job I did on 3 acres. Some of you might remember helping me with some questions regarding hydroseeding bermuda.

I hydroseeded this about Aug. 18th '07. I took this photo on Oct 3rd '07.

I had the property shallow tilled with a tractor tiller. We then hydroseeded 1.5 lbs per 1000'2. The sprinkler has 32 zones so the seed was watered 4 times per day for about 10 minutes per time. I used a starter fertilizer 10-20-10.

The homeowner has since fertilized twice.

I am really impressed with the growth and spreading in such a short time this late in the season.

Thanks for all your help, and I hope this helps anyone thinking of hydroseeding bermuda.

SoperRivieraLab.jpg

SoperRiverabackyard.jpg

2. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

So they were watering for 21 hours per day?

At any rate, it looks great, good even coverage.

3. Venturewest

Yeah through the establishment period they were. Probably the first month or so. 10 minutes on a rotor is pretty light watering, it could have actually used more. Pretty windy sight too.

4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Looks great... got a closeup of the bermuda... I havem't that blend down here in the south. Is it a thicker blade?

How much did you get for a 32 zone system? What kind of controller, heads, wire did you use? How long to install?

5. Venturewest

I had a sub contractor install the irrigation. It was about 20K for the whole system. Hunter PGPs, 3 acres so there were lots of them. Also alot of beds with 12" pop ups. A well was installed specifically for the system, has a 3 horse pump. It was fairly expensive in itself.

The riviera is finer bladed than U3. Very, very nice bermuda in our transition zone.